Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Helpful Links

Stuff It- Not only are these little bags delightfully handy, but the design of this site is crisp and modern. The pointer arrow that appears as you hover the navigation links adds a small touch of interactivity. However a disadvantage of this site is the fact that everytime you click a link on the navigation panel it opens a new window making your workspace cluttered with extra windows.


Fat Cow - Is a web hosting website I have been considering going with over the last few months for my handmade jewelry website. I may consider going through fatcow for K8 graphics.
I found out about fat cow through a couple of websites that listed the top 10 value for money webhosting companies where Fat Cow triumphed with first place on all three of the sites I visited.
When I first visited fat cow they were offering a deal of roughly $4.00 US a month for webhosting services.

I was previously with GoDaddy. I strongly recommend AGAINST going with GoDaddy webhosting. My website was hacked and a virus was bestowed upon my site making it so users could not view my website without getting a horrifying virus warning!
What attracts me to Fat Cow hosting are their low fees of course but mainly the fact that they offer SSL security in their package - for a much better rate then GoDaddy who was asking for extra dollars to add that in!
GoDaddy also has a nasty reputation for stealing your webdomains when they become available and charging you an arm and a leg to buy them back.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment